Unfortunately, Personal Injuries Are Quite Common, and the Effects of the Injuries Can be Devastating
Injuries from slipping and falling, car accidents, or malfunctioning equipment can be long-lasting and life-altering. If you or someone you love has suffered an injury, you might be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim.
At the Law Office of Robert A. Croy, we serve the residents of Manchester, Murfreesboro, Tullahoma, McMinnville, Shelbyville, Lynchburg, and the surrounding areas. For over 20 years, it is our goal to build strong, long-lasting relationships with all of our clients and deliver results that truly make a difference.
How Personal Injury Attorney Robert A. Croy Can Help
- Offers home and hospital visits
- Provides free initial consultation
- Gives the personal attention you deserve
- If there's no recovery, there's no fee
Understanding Property Liability
Many personal injuries are covered by property liability laws - usually, the home or building insurance would pick up the tab for your injury. In order to receive this compensation, however, you must prove that the injury was at least in-part preventable had the owner been more diligent in caring for the property. The property owner could be liable if:
- The equipment on the property was not maintained properly. For example, if a pool drain or filter cover was left broken, a child could reach inside and experience bodily harm. Ladder rungs should be properly fastened. Handrails should be secure. Decks and patios should be cleared of leaves or ice that could cause slipping or tripping.
- No signs warning about dangers were posted. Signs should indicate the presence of a dangerous dog, shallow water, uneven pavement, or a wet floor.
- The property owner failed to have the right number of properly trained security personnel on staff. For example, if there is a riot at a concert and you are injured, the owner of the facility hosting the concert could be liable if the riot could have been prevented by better security.
Property owners could be liable for children's injuries – especially if the property contains an attractive nuisance for young children, such as old farm equipment, private swimming pools, or unsafe playgrounds. Property owners should take preventative measures like posting warning signs and putting up fences.
If you think the above situations apply to your personal injury case, it's time to talk to a personal injury lawyer regarding your situation. It's important to find an attorney as soon as possible to make sure that your case receives the correct level of attention – and that’s where Robert A. Croy Law comes in. We will work hard to help you get compensation for lost wages and other monetary loss resulting from your injury. We can help secure damages for your pain and suffering.